Chlorine Dioxide Vs. MIOX’s Hypochlorite Generator

More effective on tough-to-kill organisms, MIOX Mixed Oxidant Solution provides all the benefits of chlorine dioxide, without the hazards of chemical storage or explosion risk.  Biofilm control is easily achieved using only simple table salt and water and your base chemicals – no more strong acid or sodium chlorite.  So you get better control and improved safety all at 1/10th of the cost of chlorine dioxide!

Video Transcription:
Chlorine Dioxide: the solution and the precursor are extremely hazardous.

It’s so explosive that the US department of transportation won’t even allow you to transport it (unless it’s been stabilized or dilute the CIO2 solutions to 3000 parts per million). It’s so risky, that gas masks are required when off-gassing is higher than .1 parts per million in the air. It’s so reactive that its precursors violently react to organic material like: wood, paper, oil, even gummy bears.

It off-gasses so quickly, it may not be effective in certain applications. And to top it off, Chlorine Dioxide is very expensive.

Now there’s a better solution. In most applications, MIOX is as effective as Chlorine Dioxide for biofilm removal and water disinfection including:

  • Sulfur-reducing bacteria (SRB)
  • Acid-producing bacteria (APB)
  • Hydrogen sulfide
  • Cryptosporidium Parvum Oocyst
  • Giardia muris cyst
  • Pseudomonas aeruginosa
  • Legionella Pneumophila  

And MIOX is much safer. You can generate MIOX on site using salt, water, and electricity. And MIOX is much more cost-effective: up to 10x cheaper than Chlorine Dioxide. Chlorine Dioxide may be offered by your water treater, and it may work well. But is it really worth the risk or substantial cost?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.